On the 2nd and 3rd of June 2019, the AEA and ECAT organised the AEA Mini Symposium and the AEA General Assembly in the Akademie für Hörakustik in Lübeck Germany.
24 international delegates and contributors joined these two events.
At the AEA mini symposium the following topics were covered:
• The Medical Device Regulation and classification of Hearing Aids and Hearing Aid Fitting (Adaptation) – options and consequences. – Stephan Baschab
• The new French Reimbursement System – RAC 0 – details, first experiences and future – Hervé Picollet.
• How are hearing aids analysed and tested by the German Hearing Institute (DHI) – Dr. Hendrik Husstedt
• Regulations – Standards and Practices for Hearing Protection – Erik De Muynck
• Instant, Disposable or Custom Hearing Protection. What should the Audiologist Advise? – Mark Laureyns board approved the “AEA European Hygiene Guidelines for Hearing Aid Professionals”
At the AEA General Assembly, all the AEA members countries were represented. The meeting was very constructive and the key actions and focus points of both AEA and ECAT were discussed and approved
BIHA (Bundesinnung der Hörakustiker), the German AEA representative association took care of all the practical aspects of the activities in Lübeck. A big thank to the BIHA team.