We support and advocate for the introduction of quality hearing screening programmes for new-borns, children and adults, to ensure early intervention and optimum cognitive capacities.
We work together with the World Health Organization (WHO) in the framework of the World Hearing Day, to build and support public awareness on hearing loss and tinnitus, notably through the provision of information on how to seek help.
We have developed a report together with EFHOH and the European Hearing Instrument Manufacturers Association (EHIMA) on “Getting our Numbers Right”, to inform policy makers and stakeholders on the prevalence of hearing loss and the impact of professional hearing care.
- World_Hearing_Day_2017_AEA_EFHOH_EHIMA_Joined_Press_Release.pdf (77 Downloads)
- WHO_World_Hearing_Day_2017Brochure.pdf (50 Downloads)
- AEA_EFHOH-EHIMA_Invitation_for_Lunch_Debate_EP_Brussels_1stof_March_2017.pdf (53 Downloads)
- AEA_European_Action_Plan_2017.pdf (83 Downloads)
- AEA_EFHOH_EHIMA_Getting_our_numbers_right_on_Hearing_Loss_and_Hearing_Care_Full_26_09_16.pdf (57 Downloads)