On Wednesday the 1st of March 2017 from 11 till 13h, the joint associations AEA, EFHOH and EHIMA organise a Lunch Debate in the European Parliament in Brussels.
The debate is hosted by MEP Helga Stevens (Belgium/Flanders, ECR) and MEP Roberta Metsola (Malta, EPP).
The theme for this session is: “Action for Hearing Loss – Make a Sound Investment.”
• 11h – Start
• Welcome – MEP Helga Stevens (ECR)
• World Hearing Day Theme - Action for Hearing Loss – Make A Sound Investment - Shelly Chadha (WHO)
• Facts and numbers on Hearing Loss & Hearing Care – Mark Laureyns (AEA)
• The importance of screening & prevention – Mel Gregory (The Ear Foundation)
• The importance of quality hearing care – Lidia Best (EFHOH)
• The socio-economic aspects of hearing care – Laurence Hartmann (Socio Economist)
• Conclusion - MEP Roberta Metsola (EPP)
• Lunch – 12.30 - 13h
The number of seats are limited.