Thursday the 3rd of March 2022 – 12.30 to 14.30 h CET
Virtual Lunch debate hosted by MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D)
The European Association of Hearing Aid Professionals (AEA), jointly with the World Health Organisation, the European Federation of Hard of Hearing People, Euro-CIU and EHIMA, have the yearly tradition to organise a Lunch Debate in the European Parliament for World Hearing Day.
This year the theme is “To hear for life, listen with care!”, and MEP Alex Agius Saliba from Malta (S&D), is the host this year.
You are kindly invite to join us during the lunch debate. The participation is free of charge and you can register here: https://www.meetings.be/Debate2022/
This is the program:
- 12.30 - Welcome & Introduction – MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D)
- "To hear for life, listen with care" - Shelly Chadha WHO
- The "Make Listening Safe" workgroup and the new "WHO Global Standard for Safe Listening Entertainment Venues" – Mark Laureyns - AEA
- Why hard of hearing people care for safe listening – Lidia Best– EFHOH
- Why and how the organisation of Cochlear Implant users, started a program of Young Ambassadors going to schools to promote safe listening – Laia Zamora - EURO-CIU
- “The importance of Adult Hearing Screening” - Patrick D’Haese - Hear-it
- “The importance of Access to Ear and Hearing Care in Europe” - Satish Mishra – WHO-Europe
- Debate – All
- 14.25 - Conclusion – MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D)